Holly Schmoolly! As I was reading over this post prior to typing it I felt like the writer had literally gone into my heart and brain and spilled it all in writing!!! Hold on tight and lets finish strong my friends!!
TYMTJ Day 6
We have completed half of our 10-day, focused prayer time for your man. I just want to encourage you to stay strong in your commitment. I am great at starting tasks, but stink at finishing strong. I do not want this to happen to me, nor you. Really commit to disciplining yourself over the next few days to finish strong in your prayer journey.
Friendship. A word my man knows so, so well. I am ashamed to admit, but I am not always gun hoe when Brad wants to spend time with friends. I have been known to feel that they are competing for my quality time. I rarely take the time to acknowledge how beneficial Brad’s quality friend time can be, nor do I give thanks for the great friends that my husband has.
Maybe some of you are on the opposite end of the spectrum, you desire for your husband to develop more friendships. If so, spend today requesting this from the Lord.
If your husband has many friends or few, let us be thankful for all of the men in his life whom he can be “real” around. Be thankful if he returns home refreshed and a better husband and father after being around his friends.
- Give him wisdom in choosing men worthy of honest friendship.
- Thank Jesus for the friends that he has been given.
- Be specific, thank Jesus for each friend that comes to mind. Call them out by name.
- Ask that he would be vulnerable with his friends.
- Pray that the vulnerability would grow to true accountability.
- Develop him into an authentic, giving, approachable friend.
- Increase integrity in friendships, making him worthy of great friends, in return.